Carol's Corner

A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody

Friday, April 25, 2008

Friends

The other day I was emailing somebody about friendship. Since then I've given friendship and what it means to me a lot of thought. Let me start by saying I don't make friends easily, mainly because I don't trust many people. As for in-person friends I have very few. Mike was my best friend, he understood me, he wanted nothing from me but my friendship. It's getting close to a year since Mike died and I think about him everyday. I can't tell you the times I've reached for the phone to call him and remembered I can't. So instead I go to the Cemetery, sit on the bench close to his grave and talk to him. Yesterday was one of those days, I was in a really down mood after work yesterday so I went to visit Mike. It was a cold windy day but sitting there talking to Mike made me feel warm inside. He so got me.......
While at the Cemetery I also visited with my Mom for a bit. Soon she will be gone 7 years and I miss her so much.
I do have some great on-line friends, some I hear from everyday, some I don't. I love checking my email and find waiting for me in my inbox a great email from one of them. These are people I can rant and rave to and they don't judge me, they listen and offer good advice. They know all my secrets, all my insecurities, all my craziness. I want to thank them for always being there for me.
Well I'm not sure what caused me to write this post this morning except that I had a really bad night last night and just needed to vent.
The time is drawing near, tomorrow I'm starting my vacation, I will leave early in the morning and just start driving. I really need this, I'm so tired of being tired.
I'm taking my laptop with me but I don't know if I'll blog or not, if I don't I'll talk to you all when I get back......till then......
Cya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP TONIGHT CAROL, AND WHEN YOU WAKE UP TOMORROW YOU WILL BE FEELING FINE AND RARING TO GO...TAKE CARE AND ENJOY
YVONNE.

About Me

My photo
I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken