I've had a decent couple of days. Work is so busy right now much to my surprise. I keep thinking that the price of gas is going to keep people at home but that's not the case. I guess some of the reasons that Canadians are still traveling down here is their gas when you convert litre's to gallons they are paying up there $5.40 per gallon and ours is $4.25, so it makes it a bit more bearable for them to come down here. The local gas stations are raking in the dough, even though my town is only 1500 people we have 7 gas stations.
I hadn't written about it till now but Wednesday the 25th was the first year anniversary of Mike's death. I took flowers to the Cemetery and his Mom was there. We had a nice visit, we talked about how much we both miss Mike, we laughed and we cried and we hugged and cried some more. She told me how much Mike cared about me and I told her that I felt the same about him. Then last night I opened up the local weekly newspaper and there was a picture of Mike that his kids had submitted, they wrote, Missing You, it has been a year! We miss you like crazy Dad~Papa. We know you are looking down on us everyday making sure we make it through the day. It has been hard to say good-bye, but we all know we will see you again soon. We Love you! Wow I can't even write about him without crying. He was such a great Man.........I miss you so much Mike!
I thought I was going to be able to take two days off this week but I'm only taking Saturday off and working Sunday. I really wanted a couple days to rest and relax but they say there is no rest for the wicked!!
My friend Tess left me the nicest comment on my MySpace. Thanks it meant a lot.
Well I better get busy and get something done. Wanted to leave early today but that isn't gonna happen.
A good day to everyone...
Cya
Carol's Corner
A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(97)
-
▼
June
(15)
- T.G.I.F....or maybe not!!
- An Awakening
- Just me Being Anal
- Hodge Podge
- Quiet, Not so Quiet, Motor Mouth...
- Help From a Friend
- I Survived Yesterday..
- No Negatives Today..
- I'm Not Superstitious....but
- A Good Post For A Change...lol.
- Sleep Interrupted
- I'm OK Being By Myself...
- A Getaway
- For My Eyes Only
- A Major Meltdown...
-
▼
June
(15)
About Me
- Carol's Corner
- I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken
1 comment:
That was a nice comment by Mikes kids Carol, and he was a good friend to you..we maybe only come across one or two friends in our lifetime who we can honestly call a friend or soulmate..lifes pathways can lead us in all directions but its a bonus when we cross paths with people like Mike who can make a big difference to others lifes.
Post a Comment