Ten days since my last post, kind of like a vacation for everybody from my usual rants and raves and uninteresting crap that I usually write. But it's my crap so read it only if you choose to.
I've been so busy, work is busier then even I thought it would be even with the strong Canadian dollar, the mystery is the gas prices being what they are ($4.39) why is there so much traffic on the road. Regardless of the price of gas it doesn't stop me from going where I want but I can afford it. The problem around here, living in such a small town as I do there is no other way to get around without driving.
I've been helping out my friend Doris in the evenings again, my day is usually as follows: I get up usually around 3:30-4:00am jump in the shower and head out to work at 5:30, work till anywhere between 3:30-6:00 depending how many interruptions I get during the day. I then hurry home, change and head to Doris's where I stay till around 9:00pm, come home and talk on the phone to a "special person" in my life till around 11:00 and then I try and go to sleep. Some nights I just lay there watching the time change. Laying in bed by yourself in the dark in the middle of the night is such a lonely time.......then I get up and start my day all over again.
Tomorrow I go in the morning for a Mammogram, I'm a little nervous about it, when doing a self-exam last week I found a small lump and called my Dr right away and he made the appointment for me. I'm praying it's nothing, but with my history I can't help but worry.
Saturday was Lynley's and Levi's birthday bash. From the pictures I've seen it looks like a good time was had by all. Even though I'm terrified to fly I considered showing up at the party and surprising everybody. I pictured myself walking into the party and everybody starts whispering wondering who the party crasher was. Would have been fun but I had to work on Sunday so decided against it. Not 100% sure I could have got on the plane anyway.
I've been rethinking the meaning of friendship lately. Some people who you might have considered a friend just take and take and never give. Don't know how they can live with themselves...I couldn't.
Well I have a ton of work to do and there is a truck backed up to the loading dock just waiting to be unloaded when Kevin gets here so I better get busy.
A good Tuesday to everybody in blogland...
Cya
Carol's Corner
A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Carol's Corner
- I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken
No comments:
Post a Comment