Carol's Corner

A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody

Friday, July 4, 2008

Noisey Night~~Noisey Morning

Boy what a lively 12 hours it's been here. Last night we had the worst thunder and lightning I've ever seen. I was so scared I was shaking. The wind blew so hard and I lost a few big limbs off my trees but thankfully they missed my house and cars, one of the smaller ones landed on my pick-up but I checked this morning and it didn't do any real damage. It's an old beater truck anyway that I just hang onto to get pellets for my stove and to haul stuff to the landfill. It also rained harder then I've ever seen it rain then it started to hail. I tell you hail in my area is a devastating thing. There are so many fruit orchards around here and the cherries are almost ready to pick so hail will ruin them. I did try going to bed around 10:00 but Mother Nature wasn't done with her fireworks and the storm wasn't over till around 12:30am. I finally fell asleep only to be awakened around 3:45am by a Helicopter. The Helicopter flies over the orchards to try and dry off the fruit to minimize the damage the rain and hail causes. If the rain doesn't get off the fruit and the sun comes out the fruit splits. So I didn't get more then about 3 hours sleep last night. I just heard on the Canadian radio station that we are suppose to get more thunder and lightning tonight, wonder if I can fit under my bed???...lol.
Starting tomorrow I'm on vacation. I chose to work today so some of the staff that has family could have the day off. I don't have any real plans for my vacation. I will be working a couple of the days and tomorrow I'm going to Omak to meet my Sister for lunch. Then on Wednesday I have a Dr's appointment, so I just might get up on Thursday morning and decide to head for Seattle or Spokane, you never know about me and where I'll end up.
I tell you I'm just not sure about this new friend I seem to now have. He sent me 12 text messages last night and I had 13 emails waiting for me this morning. I mean he's a nice guy and all but wow. I try to guard my privacy and he wants to much info that I'm not prepared to give. At this point all he knows is my cell # and my email address...and that's the way it's staying.
Well I better get busy.
I want to wish everyone a Happy Fourth of July....be safe.
Cya

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken