
Another week has passed since I've written any of my usual crap. When last I left you all on the edges of your seat wondering how my new "friend" was working out...(only kidding I know nobody could care less how it was coming). Anyway my Prince Charming turned into a Toad. I'm not going to go into any of the details as to what happened but suffice it to say it was very traumatic for me. He wasn't anything like he was at the beginning of our getting to know each other. He turned into a complete stalker, writing me 352 emails in one day and sending me more then 100 text messages. This was after I told him to never contact me again. Not only that but he said he loved me and he knew I loved him....give me a freakin break. The one good thing is he only knows that I live in Washington State and not the city, he also doesn't know where I work. All he has is my email address and my cell number and if he continues stalking me I'm prepared to change both of those. I've only ever talked to a few men from online before and the only one that has ever worked out is Patrick, we've been good friends for almost 4 years now and we talk almost everyday. I think 10 years from now we will still be friends.
I think I can honestly say I'm through with men. I get asked out almost weekly but I always say no. Usually the ones who do the asking are either Customs Officers or Border Patrol officers. I've gone out with a couple of them over the years but I find them all so cocky and with such a huge ego after one date you almost can't stand them.
I don't need a man to take care of me anyway because I'm very self-sufficient and stubborn and bull headed and always want to try and fix things myself before I ask for help. Asking for help is a big deal for me, I hate it. I would much rather muddle through something then to say the words "I need help".
So that's basically my week in a nutshell...pardon the pun. I've worked some long days and am only taking today off and the I'm working tomorrow. Somebody told me yesterday that I really need to rest, I'll rest when I'm dead...
Hope everybody out in Blog land is having a great Saturday.
Only one more week till Lynley and Levi's big Birthday party. Wish I could be there.

1 comment:
I can relate to not wanting to ask for help, I'm like that. I get being happy on your own, me too.
What, though, would you say to me if I said I am through with men forever... just because a family member was an abuser, my ex was a selfish twit, and most men online are friskier than I ever want to handle?
Hey, not every guy in the world is like another. I've met some good ones (yeah, one in particular is too far away for me to establish a "real" relationship with, but...)
We don't need a man, not at all. Given that concept, we don't "need" anyone I guess. Life is a whole lot richer if we let our walls down and (cautiously) explore this world full of people. They really and truly are not all the same. I have met the worst of men (people)...and the best of men (people). It really is best never to say never. That is a lesson Shanie taught me as he showed me that I can trust people again.
Now, as for the 'stalker', I've met many like him through my website. They're not stalkers, they're very lonely people reaching out hoping to make a connection online that they seem unable to make in person. They overstep their bounds because they have no idea how cautious life has taught us to be. They generally mean no harm at all...and are shocked and horrified that we find their behavior disturbing.
Hang in there. I know the time is coming when you find that middle of the road spot where you can be happy with life as it is. *hugs*
Post a Comment