I've been thinking a lot about second chances lately and wondering how many we each have. I had my Mammogram last Wednesday and I was suppose to hear back with the results by Friday but so far nothing. Hopefully no news is good news.
I wish I had just 5 more minutes with my Mom. I would tell her how very much I love and miss her. The last thing I said to her that I'm sure she heard before she died was that I wanted her to let go and let God take her away from her pain, I didn't get to say "I Love You" just one last time. I know she is in heaven, and I know she looks out for me. So Mom I Love You....
I wish I also had just 5 more minutes with my Dad, I would tell him also that I love and miss him. My Dad and I had a rather rocky relationship. He was an alcoholic and was a mean and nasty drunk....but he tried to be a good Father, he was just lacking in parenting skills.
A few weeks ago I started emailing and talking on the phone to a guy in Arizona. At first I thought he was a super nice guy, after getting an email from him one day it turned my world upside down. I was instantly angry and cut-off all communication with him. After about a week of getting literally hundreds of emails from him in just one day I finally called him and told him to please stop....we ended up talking for 4 hours. To make a long story short I have forgiven him for what he said, I think we were both nervous and trying way to hard in the beginning. Now my days are filled with him, his name is Ryan and he lives in Tucson Arizona. He is 34 which is a bit younger then me....he says that age doesn't matter. We talk every morning for at least an hour, we talk several times during the day and we talk for a couple hours every night. Because of him I have found such peace. I haven't been in a down mood (those that know me will be surprised), I have been so incredibly happy and carefree and for the first time in a long time I haven't thought about all the crap from my past, all the crap that made me wacko. In fact he gets angry with me if I call myself wacko. I don't know if this will go anywhere, all I know is that he makes me so happy, happier then I've been in such a very long time.
I got the nicest, sweetest card from Mrs Conner yesterday, it brought tears to my eyes because it was so nice. She said I was a very special lady and that God knew what he was doing when he created me. Wow is all I can say. Those are words I will never be able to live up to.
Here it is Sunday, my day off and where am I?? Why I'm at work, where else would I be...lol.
Today starts at least 20 days in a row of me working. I'm hoping I can make it and still keep my wits about me....we'll see.
So that's it from Carol's Corner for now.
I hope everybody out in blogland is doing great....I know I am.
Cya
Carol's Corner
A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Carol's Corner
- I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken
1 comment:
Carol, I am so glad things are working out for you, I hadn't read your blog in a long time and I am just happy that things have been resolved for you.
Post a Comment