Carol's Corner

A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We Finally Made It......I Hope

Election day has finally arrived. Hopefully by the time my head hits the pillow tonight we will have a new President. Will it turn the country around overnight? Of course not but we have to do something before we have people jumping out of windows and jumping off bridges because they can't cope with being homeless or losing everything they have. I have a 401K and since October 1st I've lost over $5000, I know there are people who have lost everything so I'm not going to complain....nobody wants to hear it anyway.
I've been really tired the last few days, don't know if it's because of going back to standard time or if it's because I'm old. Whatever the reason I'm pooped...
I will be working 17 days in a row starting yesterday so I need to snap out of it.
I've found myself being extremely emotional the past few days, not entirely sure of the reason although I have a pretty good idea. Is there a cure for what ails me???
I got an email yesterday from a friend that really started me thinking about things. She asked me "Carol what makes you happy"? and what do I do for fun. You know what I had a difficult time thinking of things that make me happy and what I do for fun. I came up with a few things but when I re-read them I decided I'm extremely dull, dull, dull. I spend a lot of time alone and the sad part is that it doesn't really bother me, it's what I'm use to and I actually feel uncomfortable sometimes being around people. Somebody always wants to "fix" me, but do I really need fixed??
Well enough of this crap.
I want to say to Yvonne that my thoughts and prayers will be with you on Friday when you finally get to lay your Mom to rest. Funerals are a difficult thing to get through but it's all part of the healing.
Also I hope Mrs. Conner starts feeling better. What a sweet sweet lady she is. I love talking to her as she always has only nice things to say.
Cya

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken