Carol's Corner

A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Memories......Good & Bad

I'm sitting here this morning remembering some of my past Thanksgivings, the ones when my Mom was still alive. My Mom always made Thanksgiving special regardless if we had much money or not, sometimes we wouldn't have enough money for a turkey and I can remember one year in particular having Spam, (YUK) she sliced it up, put it on a cookie sheet, put some pineapple and brown sugar on top and that was in place of a turkey, oh my gosh it was so awful but there wasn't money for anything else so I gagged it down and told her how much I loved her and thanked her for a great dinner. Some of my Brothers and Sisters were not so kind...lol. I cannot to this day eat Spam.....yuk, yuk, yuk. Towards the end of her life when she had money she would make the most delicious Turkey dinner with all the trimmings and was it ever good. She thought she needed to make up for the leaner times, it took me years but I finally convinced her that our Spam Thanksgiving was special for so many reasons, mainly because we were all together, and it was prepared with Love.
Well I better get off this subject, just makes me cry.....
Today after work I'm going to the Cemetery and putting some flowers on my Mom's and Mike's graves and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving.
Yesterday was a pretty decent day. I was able to watch the Ball State game last night and they played so awesome, what a great game. They play next on Dec 5th and it will once again be on ESPN2.......can't wait.
So I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow. Give everyone you love a big hug, as if it were your last.
Cya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol there is no greater love than a mothers love for her children.

About Me

My photo
I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken