Carol's Corner

A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving



Today is my last day of my mini vacation. Boy did I need to have some time off. Except for my Dr's appointment I've enjoyed every minute of it. I haven't done too much, went to Omak, went to Tonasket one day to have lunch at Subway. Yesterday I decided to do some cooking, something I don't do a lot but love it. I made a chicken casserole, some pumpkin bread and someone gave me a variety of apples I'd never heard of before....pink lady so I made some applesauce, yep the applesauce was pink but it was so good. Just had to add a tiny bit of sugar and a pinch of cinnamon...yum yum.
Thanksgiving is just a few short days away. I really miss my Mom a lot especially during the holidays. She always had a way of making the holidays special whether we had much money or not. Since I'm by myself I'm going to work on Thanksgiving and give some of my staff the day off to enjoy the day with their families, then for my dinner I'll go to Canada where it's not a holiday.
I hope everybody has a special Thanksgiving and I hope your surrounded by lots of family and make some special memories.
Cya

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken