Carol's Corner

A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody

Monday, November 10, 2008

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's about learning to dance in the rain!!

So the election is finally over. How nice it is to watch a little TV and not get inundated with political ads. There will be no quick cure for what ails our country, it'll take time, lots of time and patience to see us through these troubling times. I feel so sorry for all the people that are losing their jobs, people who are supporting a family, trying to put food on the table and gas in the car.....just trying to survive. I know how lucky I am to have a good paying job, but on the other hand my town is experiencing a real decline in people shopping locally. It's so easy to jump in the car and drive the 50 miles to Omak where there is a Super Wal-Mart just waiting to take our money. You can't blame people for shopping where they can save the most. Well enough of that....
The weather here has been so mild, more like October then November. Usually by now we have had snow but not this year. I have a Dr's appointment in Wenatchee on the 19th so with my luck that's when it will decide to snow the first time. Oh well it's only 129 miles away...lol. I should make an effort to get my studded tires on before then.
I've said this before but I'll say it again, if you want something fun and entertaining to read then you should really be reading Lynley and Levi's Blogs. Just go to www.pdconner.com and on the left side you'll see Blogs, click on that and you'll find them.
I hope Mrs. Conner is feeling better, also Jenny lost her Grandma over the weekend....my thoughts and prayers are with you Jenny. My friend Yvonne in the UK finally was able to lay her Mom to rest. They have such a waiting list for funerals she had to wait two weeks....that's such a long time to wait and I think it just keeps everything fresh till the service.
Wow just 44 days till Christmas..........YIKES!!
Cya

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken