Carol's Corner

A Blog Written About Nothing By Nobody

Saturday, May 16, 2009

I Survived


I had the dreaded CT scan yesterday, I had to drink 36oz of water on top of the yummy (yukky) Barium stuff. I had no idea your stomach could hold that much liquid. The CT machine tells you when to breathe and when to hold your breath, holding your breath wouldn't normally be a problem for me but when you have to pee from all the liquid you just drank it can be quite bothersome. I also had a reaction to the dye they gave me in my IV. Now I have to wait till Thursday to find out the results, I think I deserve some good news for a change so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm a little sad because someone who I consider to be a good friend didn't even call me yesterday to wish me good luck. Oh well I guess he was too busy with work etc....so no biggy. My staff has been very supportive of all the stuff I've been going through and that's been a real life saver. I've also had some wonderful cards from the Conner family, they are all so kind to me makes me tear up when I read their kind words.
Today is my only day off this week because one of my staff is going on vacation for two weeks, I will be working a ton of hours while she's gone. Oh well what else do I have to do but work?
So the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I'm going to go work in my garden. Need to plant some tomato's, cucumbers, and corn today.
Be sure and give somebody you care about a big hug and tell them how much you care about them, you never know if you'll have another chance.
Cya

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a bit crazy at times, and I have a big heart that's easily broken